This document describes the approach to ensuring the availability throughout the Turks and Caicos Islands, of basic telecommunications services including the following:
- Access to Public Telephone Service to make and receive national and international calls and free access to emergency numbers;
- Access to Payphones at reasonable locations and to reach emergency numbers at no cost;
- Internet access for public libraries and public schools at no cost;
- Provision of a public directory and enquiry service; and
- Special provisions for low income users.
The document also sets out the basic rules for operators who are providing such services, to apply for and receive subsidies if required, from a Universal Service Fund that may be established by the Commission for this purpose.